Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Kase Files #4

Kase thoughts on Life

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.
- E.B. White
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can. I think I've discovered the secret of life: you just hang around until you get used to it. Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. I once thought that the whole world was an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Because not being dead isnt being alive.

Just remember there is not a shred of evidence that exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

No comments: